When you participate in the Saruk Centre’s three-year program in Leadership Development, you’ll learn from a diverse set of leaders and receive individualized training and mentorship, participate in practical experience and local service, and have the opportunity to job shadow and travel for humanitarian work.
Over three years of training, participants will have diverse opportunities to engage in activities that foster lifelong learning. The program encourages personal growth and skill development beyond what is typically obtained in traditional academic institutions.
Outcomes of the program
- Become confident, action-oriented, and self-aware
- Learn how to set goals
- Become skilled in managing their physical, mental, and financial health
- Become skilled in various forms of effective communication
- Establish enduring and productive relationships with mentors
- Become skilled in developing, fostering, and growing a strong network
- Gain insight and perspective from others
- Become skilled in interview and job searching
- Experience supporting, leading, and managing projects from start to end
- Be prepared for volunteerism
- Impact others through service
- Obtain awareness and sensitivity to other cultures and people
In short, you’ll lay a firm foundation for graduate school, future employment, humanitarian and entrepreneurial opportunities.